Terms of Auction
also valid if not recognised in writing
- The auction is held voluntarily, on behalf of and for the account of third parties against immediate payment in Euros.
- The (non-binding) bidding stages are:
|up to||50 €||1 €|
|up to||100 €||2 €|
|up to||200 €||5 €|
|up to||500 €||10 €|
|up to||1.000 €||20 €|
|up to||2.000 €||50 €|
|up to||5.000 €||100 €|
|up to||10.000 €||200 €|
|over||10.000 €||500 €|
- The auctioneer's commission is 20% of the hammer price. A lotting charge of € 1.50 per lot is added and, in cases involving shipment, the costs incurred for postage and insurance. All surcharges are subject to VAT of 19%. There are no VAT charges in the case of shipment to third countries (outside the EU) and to EU member states when the VAT identification number has been stated in advance.
- As agents of the seller, the auctioneer may refuse to knock down a lot or do so with reservation. He may furthermore withdraw, rearrange or divide lots.
- Lots are knocked down after the highest bid has been called out three times. In the case of misunderstandings, the auctioneer may re-offer the lot; written bids of equal value are determined by the chronological order in which they are received. A bidder is obliged to take up a lot knocked down to him, the lot only becoming his property on payment of the purchase price, the risk however passing to him when the lot is knocked down. Similarly, delivery of the lot takes place at the risk of and for the account of the buyer.
- Payment and commission are due immediately in the case of room bidders, on receipt of the invoice in the case of written bids. The bidder is liable for the payment of bills, even if bidding for third parties. Sums which are not received by the auctioneer 10 days after the invoice has been delivered are subject to a delayed payment charge of 2% as well as default interest of 1% per month or part month. After the period for payment has expired the auctioneer may, without notification, sell the lot by private treaty, whereby any deficiency in the sale proceeds together with the further costs incurred are at the expense of the original buyer without his having any simultaneous right to any additional sale proceeds.
- Descriptions of lots are carried out with the greatest of care and to the best of the auctioneer's knowledge and belief; they are, however, non-binding. Complaints of any kind must be received by the auctioneer within 8 days of handing over or delivery of the lots. All stamps must be in their original condition and must not show any changes (detachment, treatment with chemicals etc.), the only exception being the mark of an association examiner. The auctioneer may demand that a certificate from a recognised examiner accompany each complaint. If the buyer wishes an expert opinion from an examiner and hence an extension of the complaints period, he must inform the auctioneer of this immediately. Costs incurred hereby are settled at the seller's expense in the case of negative findings. After the proceeds have been paid out, further complaints can only be raised with the seller, whereby the naming of both parties is guaranteed.
- Quoted catalogue estimates are always approximate and are not binding for the auctioneer. Collections, lots and items are bought as seen and cannot be the subject of complaints. In the case of justified complaints, the purchase price will be refunded; any further demands are ruled out.
- Written bids are always treated as maximums, i.e. are not considered on the basis of the highest possible bid, but according to the above-mentioned bidding stages. These terms of auction are recognised in their entirety when a written bid is placed, even when no form for this purpose is used.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to exclude persons from the auction without stating a particular reason. This applies above all to those who disturb the auction proceedings, partake in dealing or exchanging.
- Claims of any kind against the auctioneer or the seller expire after 6 months, beginning with the first day of the month following the auction.
- These terms of auction are also valid for post-auction sales. The "Fernabnahmegesetz" (distance purchase law) does not apply here.
- The court of jurisdiction is Aachen.
This translation of the "Versteigerungsbedingungen" is provided for information only. In case of doubt, the German version shall prevail.
The following bidding form is subject to the terms of auction shown above.
Bidding Form as a .pdf file for printing